Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Time Change with a Baby

Get this kid to Disney World stat!

I had heard bad things about how time changes affect babies. So when the time sprung ahead on Sunday, I was expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

I basically got the latter.

Edith's normal bedtime usually ranges somewhere between 8:30 and 9:45 p.m., with a few bad nights of even later bedtimes sprinkled here and there. Sunday night she was asleep by 9:30 -- later than I'd prefer, but not bad since she felt like it was only 8:30. It's a good point from which to start.

Speaking of sleep, earlier this month I briefly thought my dreams had come true. And by that I mean that I could sleep long enough to have real dreams. Edith slept through the night FIVE NIGHTS IN A ROW. It was very exciting.

However, those five nights were the exact five nights we were in Defiance. As soon as we returned to New York, she was back to waking up in the middle of the night. I've been wracking my brain trying to recreate the Ohio conditions, but no luck so far. Perhaps she's not as good with nighttime New York noises as we thought and simply does prefer the rural peace and quiet.

Obviously the only solution is to visit home more often! It might be the only way I get a full night's sleep for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...