|Aug. 29, 2017|
How is it that my little baby girl, born the day before Thanksgiving in 2012, turns 5 years old today? Even I have to admit, however, that Edith is no longer a baby.
She's a preschooler who loves to learn, please her teachers and play with friends. She's easy to make laugh and eager to smile. She's an expert at pretending, puzzles (100 pieces by herself and 300 with help) and even passing the time with her 2-year-old brother, Atticus.
Who is Edith today? I asked her the same questions as last year, and added a couple more at the end.
5-year old Edith's favorite ...
In her own words / [what I guessed]
- Food: macaroni / [macaroni and cheese and pasta]
- Toy: dress-up stuff / [kitchen]
- Book: Fancy Nancy / [anything Fancy Nancy or Pinkalicious]
- TV Show: Doc McStuffins / [Doc McStuffins]
- Movie: Frozen / [Frozen]
- Playground activity: swinging / [slide]
- Color: purple / [purple and pink]
- Animal: giraffes / [dog]
- Nursery Rhyme: Are You Sleeping? / [no guess]
- Song: Let It Go / [The Schuyler Sisters from Hamilton]
- Game: Super Why / [Simon Says or matching games]
- Fruit: watermelon / [apples]
- Vegetable: corn and carrots / [corn]
- Breakfast: oatmeal / [Life cereal]
- Restaurant: Spaghetti Warehouse / [Spaghetti Warehouse]
- Thing about school: going outside / [playing outside, art class]