Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Happy Ending: Tale of the Broken Ornament

On this day after Christmas, it seems very appropriate to tell how the tale of the broken ball ornament came to such a happy conclusion this holiday season.

You may remember that about a month ago I wrote how Atticus accidentally broke an inexpensive but meaningful Christmas ornament.


I searched online for a replacement without luck, and even posted in a couple of local Facebook "for sale" sites without much hope.

However, the first week of December -- on our way to Baltimore to board our cruise, in fact -- I got a surprise message in my Facebook inbox. A woman in my neighborhood had found the same ornament and wanted to give it to me.

When I went to pick it up about a week later, she refused payment. Instead, she told me how she came to find a replacement. From what I understand, she saw a listing on eBay, but it was taken down. She reached out to that person and was told that there were some chips or whatnot on the ornaments and they had been discarded. But the seller found one more and sent it her way.

A Christmas miracle! And this miracle, I have decided, will stay far from Atticus's fingers for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...