Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The World's First PB&J Art Exhibit


Anyone who has seen me eat lunch in approximately the last 20 years knows I like peanut butter. Love peanut butter, in fact. When I packed my lunch in school -- which was almost every day starting in junior high or so -- I can't remember ever having or wanting any other entree. And when I pack my lunch for work -- again, almost every day -- it's still what I crave.

Yes, it's cheap and I'm a cheapskate. But that's not why I eat it. I truly, genuinely love it. Sometimes I'll even eat it on the weekend, too.

So when I heard about an event being billed "the world's first pb&j art exhibit" there was absolutely no doubt that I was going to go.

The Nutropolitan Museum of Art was a three-day-only exhibit at Openhouse Gallery, the same location of the indoor pop-up "greenspace" Park Here earlier this year. It was really more of a big advertisement for the specialty restaurant Peanut Butter & Co., but I was fine with that -- especially since we got a coupon for a free jar of their gourmet peanut butter as we left the gallery.

The exhibit basically consisted of more than a dozen photos of nutty peanut butter creations. Here were some of my favorites:


The exhibit also included a space to "create your own pb&j art," but alas, it closed shortly after we arrived. I saw a boy with a slice of bread slathered in peanut butter and sprinkled with what looked to be M&Ms. I was jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...