Monday, November 25, 2013

Edith's First Birthday Party

Posing with her birthday presents on Sunday morning.

If Edith could talk, I wonder what she would say was her favorite part of her first birthday party this weekend.

Was it the fun new presents that she's barely begun to explore?

Was it all of the tissue and wrapping paper that she was practically swimming in?

Was it the cream cheese frosting from her birthday cupcake that she eagerly shoveled into her mouth?

Or was it the constant attention and praise that she garnered from her grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins that gathered at our house Saturday?

Whatever she would say was her favorite, I think she would agree that there wasn't much that she disliked. Even her white tights and the pink frilly dress that I once wore as a toddler didn't seem to bother her. She was a happy-go-lucky baby on a happy-go-lucky day.

I couldn't have asked for a better first birthday party for my baby. Or I should say, my toddler. But she'll always be my baby, right?




That clown used to be on me and my sister's birthday cakes as kids!


Baby's first frosting.
 
We stuck a candle in a cupcake on Saturday,
but her first candle was stuck in a brownie
on her real birthday Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...