Friday, April 12, 2013

Spring Finally Arrives in Bay Ridge


I've never been so happy to see the mercury rise. As the temperature reached the 70s and even the 80s here in New York this week, I ditched the stroller in favor of my Ergo and some newfangled baby-wearing.

Being able to leave the stroller behind opens more possibilities -- namely, stairs. I can carry Edith down stairs, I can carry a stroller down stairs, but I can't do both at the same time. I make two trips in our apartment building; that's not an option when I'm alone at a subway station.

Or the Shore Road Promenade. The best views are along the path adjacent to the harbor, but there is a long flight of stairs down to get to it. But when the weather became beautiful earlier this week, I strapped Edith in the Ergo and made the promenade our destination.

Dozens of people were on the path taking advantage of the weather: walking, jogging or, like us, finding a bench and enjoying the scenery. Edith got her first glimpse of Manhattan (and her first trip there the next day -- more about that next week!). From our perch it was easy to see that the Freedom Tower really is dominating the Lower Manhattan skyline.

When we returned to the apartment some hour or 90 minutes later, I felt like a new person. One no longer trapped by cold weather ... or stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...