Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rockefeller Center at Night


It's one of those iconic pictures of New York, one that comes to mind even if you've never visited the city: ice skating underneath the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree.

But you can ice skate at Rockefeller Center even when the tree is gone, without a line and with more room to actually skate, if Thursday night was any indication.


The night was mild and the ice was emptier than I expected. I was briefly tempted to return over the weekend to skate until I remembered that I can't actually ice skate. Actually, my right leg can skate while my left foot just gets dragged along. And I can't stop.

My dreams of ice skating shattered, I turned back to the camera. Much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...