Friday, January 8, 2010

A Grocery Store That Makes Me Weep

I almost started crying in Kroger.

I was in Columbus, making my now-annual trip to a "real" grocery store. We drive to Ohio every Christmas, and I then proceed to cram every last inch of the trunk and back seat with cheap chips, chocolate and other snacks. And I never knew 'til I moved away that Kroger really does sell the best salsa.

I nearly gasped when I walked through the doors. The space! The selection! I wasn't fighting for a place to rest my cart. In fact, two carts could actually pass each other in the same aisle.

Yes, I've written about this before, but it never fails to amaze me. I was staring at the unbelievable number of cake mixes and frosting containers and wanted to burst into tears at the sheer beauty.

Alas, now I must wait 51 more weeks. Until then, I have $65 worth of Kroger oats, graham crackers, peanut butter, cookies and a few other things to hold me over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...