Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Morning in Manhattan


Showers and flowers.

I've seen plenty of both over the last couple of weeks, which have made for some pretty (though not always pleasant) Manhattan mornings.

Luckily, I work in an area of the city serviced by plenty of subway lines. When it's raining, snowing, or cold I always take a train that drops me off less than a block from my office.

If it's warm and sunny, however, I'll stay on the R train and get off at a stop that's about a 5 or 10 minute walk to work. And if it's a Thursday, I get the added bonus of picking up a chocolate chip scone at the farmer's market in the park (read: slab of concrete) that's on my way.

And if I'm extra lucky, I'll have a couple of extra minutes before I rush up to my third-floor desk to snap a quick photo or two of Manhattan in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...