Sunday, May 4, 2008

Half-marathon man

Only a crazy person would get up at 6:15 a.m. to run 13.1 miles.

My husband is crazy.

Paul ran the Brooklyn half-marathon yesterday, running from the Coney Island boardwalk, through several neighborhoods and finishing in Prospect Park. With a time of 2:11:32, he met his goal of running a 10-minute mile. Next up is the Manhattan half-marathon this summer, in which he hopes to run a 9:30-minute mile.

Crazy man.

I watched him cross the finish line, and I have to admit it was pretty exciting. Everyone was cheering and watching for their family and friends. Paul said it was pretty amazing along the course as well, especially as they got closer and closer to the end. I didn't realize the yells of encouragement actually helped, but Paul says they do.

Paul was obviously worn out at the end of the race, but he says he was well-prepared. Despite water and Gatoride supplies along the route, his face was outlined in salt from all the sweat.

All of the runners had a personal timer attached to their shoes (that's what the person is cutting off in the photo), and the official times were posted.

Yep, I think Paul's crazy, but I'm still proud of him.

3 comments:

  1. Wooohooo Paul! Your sis is proud of you too!! I'm not even sure I could run one mile these days...that is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that. That is Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Paul! I couldn't run a half mile without feeling like I have to puke, though I do walk fast on the treadmill quite regularly. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...