Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Yum: Pattycake Bakery's Chocolate XO Cookie


I've found a new dessert to obsess over, and it's within walking distance.

Pattycake Bakery is a vegan dessert shop here in the Clintonville neighborhood of Columbus. It's quite popular but also quite small, with just a few seats inside and a couple of tables outdoors.

Pattycake gets raves around town, but a number of things have kept me away since we moved here a few years ago. First, it's not open in the evening. Second, the small size. And third, the all-vegan label. I have absolutely nothing against veganism, and I'm sure many vegan foods are good. But if I had to choose between a vegan and a non-vegan dessert, I'm probably going with the one loaded with butter.

But last week I took a long walk with the kids and walked right by at the right time -- that is, when I wanted a snack. The day was beautiful and sunny, so outdoor seating was fine. I browsed the cookies, cupcakes and other desserts but knew what my choice would be as soon as I saw it: the Chocolate XO cookie, a rich chocolate cookie filled with gooey chocolate chips.



It was delicious. Probably the third best dessert in Columbus, after the chocolate cheesecake at Omega Artisan Baking and the chocolate truffle cookie at Northstar Cafe. (Um, yeah, I like my chocolate layered and in massive quantities.)

"This is GOOD!" said Edith, with whom I reluctantly shared it. And to prove I'm a fun mom, even Atticus got a couple of bites. But I really wanted to keep it all to myself. Delicious and dreamy, and only $2.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...