Wednesday, December 18, 2013

An Afternoon at Columbus' North Market


One of the highlights of Columbus is downtown's North Market. That's especially true if you love food. And who doesn't?

North Market is home to about three dozen vendors that sell pretty much everything you need to get through the day, plus a few things to make that day a bit more pleasant -- fruit, vegetables, spices, wine, fish, eggs, pasta, salsa, flowers and much, much more.




 
And that's just the take-home stuff. What really lures me to the North Market is all of the places to eat-in. I haven't tried half of it, but I love to slowly browse the options before I make my decision and take it to the seating area upstairs.

There's the chocolates and pastries and baklava and pretzels. There's Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams -- in fact, North Market was home to her first location, and her fame has spread throughout the country. There's Polish food and Italian food and Middle Eastern food and barbecue.

And there's what Paul and I decided on when we visited on Sunday. Paul went in knowing what he wanted: a Chicago-style hot dog from Best of the Wurst. I finally decided on a chocolate chip brownie that was at least three inches tall from Omega Artisan Baking before opting at the last second for a piece of chocolate cheesecake from the same shop.



It was a good choice. One of the best, richest desserts I've had not only in Columbus, but anywhere. Yet another reason to return to North Market soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...