Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter at Home

I've said over and over that one of the best things about living in Ohio again is being so close to our families. That's especially true at every holiday.

But this Easter was even more special -- it's the first one that I've spent with my family in Defiance for at least a decade, as far as I can remember. When we lived in Columbus before, it seemed to make more sense to stay local since we both had to work the next day and Paul's family is nearby.

Maybe the difference now is that the 150 miles between Columbus and Defiance don't seem so long compared to that 500-mile trip between New York and Ohio. Or maybe spending Easter in Defiance was more appealing this year since I don't have to work the next day!

Either way, I'm glad to have the option again for this holiday and all of the ones that follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...