Friday, September 13, 2013

Biking of All Kinds in Columbus

I need a bike.

I now live about a 5-minute walk from one of the city's best trails, and I can see only a fraction of it since I don't run and don't have a bicycle. But until the day comes when I can pedal on my own set of wheels, I'll have to be content looking at other types of bicycles in Columbus.

First, I was shocked to find out that Columbus recently started its own bike share program, called CoGo. New York, after all, started its own bike program only this year. Who said Ohio is behind the curve? Unfortunately the bikes here in Columbus aren't available in our neighborhood, but instead only in and near the downtown area. Still, pretty cool.


Second, Cycle Tavern. This is pretty much what you would expect it to be: A 16-person bicycle that pedals from bar to bar in Columbus. You can't actually drink on the bike, although I heard that it was totally allowed when it first started. It's essentially a pub crawl by bike, rentable by the hour -- $190/hour on Fridays and Saturdays, $160/hour any other day of the week.


So even though I don't have my own bicycle yet, plenty of people in Columbus are, in fact, biking for one reason or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...