Monday, September 23, 2013

Two Months in Ohio, One Month in New Home

Babies love to move, even if their parents don't.

Saturday marked two major milestones -- it's been two months since we moved to Ohio and one month since we moved into our new home. Both still seem a little unreal.

It was only recently that I realized that this new house was starting to feel like home. For the first three weeks or so, it felt like I was just camping out. Of course, that may be because we practically were camping out our first 10 days here, before our furniture arrived so very, very late.

And even living in Ohio doesn't seem all that real yet. I still get a little "homesick" for New York at times. I'll think about my friends or the neighborhood -- heck, one night I suddenly got an image stuck in my head of the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge at night -- and I'll get sad. But all in all I'm happy with our house and I'm happy in Columbus.

After emptying a good three-quarters of the boxes the first two or three days after our stuff was delivered, we've majorly procrastinated in putting away the last quarter. Our bedroom and Edith's are tidy, and the living room is mostly done. The dining room isn't quite usable yet, and the kitchen isn't completely organized. And please, whatever you do, don't think about going into the basement. So we still have work to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...