Monday, May 6, 2013

Filming "A Walk Among the Tombstones" in Bay Ridge


I didn't see Liam Neeson, but I may have pissed him off.

Here's the story:

On Friday, a crew was in Bay Ridge filming "A Walk Among the Tombstones," starring Neeson and Dan Stevens (of "Downton Abbey" fame). The set was only a couple of blocks from home, so after Edith and I dropped off a load at the Laundromat, we walked by to see what we could see.

Which wasn't much. They filmed a scene or two in the 27 minutes before I had to put the clothes in the dryer (OK, I was a little late getting back!). We didn't see any stars; the most interesting thing was watching my grocery store being turned into a movie set.

My grocery store as a filming location.

I didn't know the NYPD had special cars for movie and TV sets!
(See the label at the back of the car.)

Gawkers like me lined the street across from the set.

Later in the afternoon I took a walk around Bay Ridge with two other neighborhood moms and their young sons. We found ourselves at the set again, this time a block away from where it had been earlier.

We parked our strollers in front of the Middle Eastern bakery where they were shooting and waited for something to happen.

A few minutes later a production assistant came up and asked us to move. Liam Neeson said we were distracting him!

Did Neeson really say it? Who knows? But doesn't it make a much better story to think that he had?

We moved down the street and had a laugh. A lady who also had her eyes on the set did say she saw Neeson back there, but we didn't catch a glimpse. I wonder if the crew will return -- the movie is based on the book of the same name, and it seems that it is at least partly set in Bay Ridge.

And who knows -- maybe when the movie comes out you'll see Edith's stroller reflecting in that bakery's windows.

Trucks and trailers lined the side streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...