Friday, December 21, 2012

Merry Christmas from the Three of Us


Edith is exactly one month old today, but she's not the only reason this long holiday weekend is significant.

It's also the first Christmas that Paul and I have spent in New York.

Every December since we moved here in 2007 -- five Christmases in all -- we've managed to make it home for the holidays. This year, the thought of taking a four-week-old 10 hours away to Ohio scared us into staying put. (We will, however, be making the trip in January, when we're hopefully even more settled and -- fingers crossed -- sleeping even more.)

Even yet, we're not quite sure how we're going to celebrate here. In Ohio, Christmas Day is planned to the hour: here by this time, there by that time. With just the three of us in Brooklyn, we have nothing special to do and nowhere special to be.

That doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to it. Sure, Edith isn't old enough to understand either the real meaning of Christmas or what all of those wrapped presents are for. But I do. And although I'll be missing my parents, my sister and her husband and my in-laws on Christmas Day, I will also be happy to spend it with my new expanded family.

There will be no blog post on Monday while I celebrate Christmas Eve. Have a merry Christmas!

A happy baby ...

... turns angry when you take too many photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...