Tuesday, January 3, 2017

From 2016 to 2017

The holiday season has been punctuated by illness. The worst of it was nearly a week ago, but I'm sneezing even now as I write this on Monday night.

Christmas was great. It was a day spent shuttling between family in Hilliard and Defiance, like usual. Unfortunately, my sister and her family were sick and out of commission that day, but I assumed we would likely see them later in the week. It didn't happen.

On Tuesday night Edith puked. It was a one and done, and she was better in no time. On the other hand, I was throwing up every 45 minutes from 1 to 5 a.m. Wednesday. I hadn't felt so bad since the early days of my pregnancies.

I was nauseous most of the rest of the day and slept it away while Paul and my parents watched the kids. Worst of all, we had to cancel plans to see some friends that evening.

The next day I was 100 percent better, just in time to go back to Columbus. We went to a party Friday night and hosted our own on New Year's Eve. Then on New Year's Day entered the congestion and sneezing. Nothing serious, but way annoying.

The end of the holiday season is always a bit depressing, and this year it feels even worse. I'm already ready for winter to be behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...