Tuesday, August 16, 2016

My First Garage Sale

I remember a few of my mom's garage sales when I was a kid. That's because they were always multi-family garage sales, which means while mom and her friends sold their goods, I got to play with my friends. Good times.

But this past Saturday was the first that I hosted. It started a few weeks ago when a neighbor sent an email to our part of the street asking if we'd like to join them in hosting a blockwide garage sale. Several of us took the bait.

I spent the week cleaning out closets and pricing stuff while watching the Olympics. Afraid of the rain and heat, I set up on our front porch. Yes, it was hot, but at least the rain held off until the afternoon.

We sold only about $40 worth of stuff, but the big coup was getting rid of our tube TVs. I then sold maybe another $20 or $25 of items online. Bag after bag of junk, AHEM stuff, motivates me to list it all on the Buy, Sell, Trade groups I'm active in on Facebook.

But I still have a ways to go. One thing is for sure though. It's not going back in our closets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...