Tuesday, September 15, 2015

New York with a Baby ... Again

We lived in Brooklyn until Edith was 8 months old, so taking a baby to New York really shouldn't be intimidating. But as we get closer and closer to our trip there, I'm more nervous than I expected.

The reasons are twofold. First of all, this time there won't be only a baby, but a toddler as well. Double trouble.

Second, I won't have all of my "stuff." When we lived in New York, of course we had all of our baby accoutrement right there with us -- the baby swing, toys, books, a million changes of clothes, etc. Whatever baby needs is at home. But now home is 500 miles away from New York. If we're lucky, whatever baby needs is in my suitcase. If not, we'll make do -- and hopefully we won't need the Laundromat to do so.

What's more, it's easy to forget now that we've been away for a while that maneuvering around New York can be difficult with a baby. Taking a stroller up and down multiple staircases and fitting it into the subway car is no walk in (Central) park. It's hard, if not downright impossible at times, to do it yourself. Props to parents who do it with two kids.

I know enough to know it will be challenging. But I'm looking forward to it all the same. The last time we were there, Edith was just 1 1/2, and could barely talk. Now she has opinions, and I'm eager to see what she thinks of New York. And, of course, I'm excited to introduce Atticus to Brooklyn for the very first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...