Monday, June 2, 2014

Planning a Trip to New York

We're visiting New York for a week later this summer, and I can't hardly wait.

I have a long list of things I want to see and do and eat -- museums and parks to visit, friends to catch up with, restaurants to try. And in a stroke of luck, we're able to skip the hotels and instead stay in a Bay Ridge apartment, so I can really pretend that I live there again.

It's weird though. The list I've created would have taken months to complete when we lived there -- Paul (and I, for five of our six years there) worked full-time, of course, and we rarely made non-work-related outings outside the neighborhood on weekdays. We'd often go into the city or do something fun on the weekends, but even then it was usually only one or two things. Like strolling around Central Park followed by our favorite sushi restaurant. Or getting a piece of cheesecake from Junior's in Times Square and eating it in Bryant Park. You get the idea.

I think I'm going to explode if I get to do all of my favorite New York things in seven days. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to try.

This partly feels like a vacation, but it partly feels like going home. I feel just as excited now as I used to in Brooklyn in the lead up to our visits to Ohio! And after almost a year away, I'm curious if I can step back into the groove as easily as I think I can. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...