Wednesday, February 12, 2014

When Will Winter Disappear Already?

January is my least favorite month. February is second from the bottom. But this year, the two months have merged into one awful, cold, mushy mess.

As much as I hated trudging to work in weather like this in years past, looking back on it I think it was good for me. I had to get outside, even if it was just from the apartment to the subway or the car to the office.

Now I not only don't have to go outside, I actively avoid it if the weather is below freezing. That's mostly for Edith's sake, but I'm not very motivated to do so on my own account either.

Edith and I aren't total recluses. At the beginning of the week we go to story time at the library, even if we have to drive instead of walk. Mid-week we have a playgroup meeting -- although I'm always pleased when we host so I can stay inside! And at the end of the week I try to plan some outing, even if it's just to get groceries.

This winter doesn't seem so exciting when I put it in black and white like that. And it really hasn't been. But we have managed to take short walks when the weather has cooperated, and my freelancing is keeping my fingers busy as least. Still, I can't wait to say goodbye to the snow and hello to the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...