Monday, October 28, 2013

Time to Wake Up

I miss a lot about New York. But the one thing I'm reminded about every day is the morning sunshine.

I've written about it before -- New York and Ohio are both on Eastern Standard Time, but on opposite ends. The times for sunrise and sunset are vastly different. Sunset in Columbus last night was at 6:34 p.m. In New York, it was more than a half hour earlier, at 5:56 p.m.

Of course, that means that New York sunrises are earlier, too. It's not due until 7:52 a.m. this morning, while in Brooklyn the day began about 7:18 a.m. Since I like to be up and at 'em before Edith awakes at 8, that generally means I get up in the dark.

I hate that. While I detested New York's early sunsets, I had grown used to waking up not with, but at least in the sun. It's so much harder to get up when the sun hasn't yet either.

Of course, some of this will be cured with the time change this coming weekend, but that's only a temporary respite. Is it too early to be counting the days until spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...