Monday, August 19, 2013

Final Days in New York in Photos

I took lots of pictures during our last few weeks in New York, and only a fraction fit into a specific blog post. Below are the odds and ends with captions that describe what makes them special to me.

My home subway stop.
Across the tracks is where we waited to go into Manhattan.

I can't even guess how many times I've walked up these stairs.

Each Brooklyn stop on the R line is one of several colors.
I barely had to look for 77th Street. I just looked for orange.

Edith at the American Museum of Natural History.

A Butter Lane cupcake in Park Slope. Yum!

Park Slope in the evening.

Purbird was one of our favorite restaurants in Park Slope.
The windows above the restaurant look into a yoga studio.

Chinatown street signs, on my birthday.

Exploring Brooklyn Heights.

Edith's first swing ride was in Brooklyn Heights,
across the river from Lower Manhattan skyscrapers.

Edith's first swing ride.


Empire State Building under the Brooklyn Bridge.

Edith in Brooklyn Bridge Park.

Looking out from the inside of our favorite Bay Ridge grocer.

Will I ever again need a key to get my mail?

The scene outside our bedroom window in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...