Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Celebrating 9 Years of Marriage

Being married nine years isn't a traditional landmark, but it feels like one.

When we said our vows on Aug. 30, 2003, I sure didn't think we'd be living in New York just a few years later. Now we've spent more than half our anniversaries here. And back then I certainly didn't think that I'd be spending our ninth anniversary six months pregnant with our first child.

New Yorkers are often surprised when they learn that Paul and I have been married as long as we have. It's pretty uncommon to get married in your early 20s here, and we were just 22 and 24 when we got hitched. Mere babies.

Sometimes I wonder why we were in such a hurry. Paul and I have since discussed it -- there was really no rush. But there was really no reason to wait, either. I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...