Monday, July 9, 2012

Halfway to Baby

Last week marked the halfway point of this pregnancy. When I mentioned the landmark to Paul, I added that the time had gone fast.

"Has it?" he asked, clearly believing the opposite.

I laughed; he's right, it really hasn't gone by that fast. And in the deepest depths of my 10 weeks or so of morning sickness, the time went by extremely, excruciatingly slow. Now I can laugh about it. Two months ago it was much more difficult.

That time, however, has passed, hopefully for good. I feel fine now, except for the constant tossing and turning at night and my absolute need to eat every few hours. It could be worse. And now I can get out and do things: take walks, go out to eat, get up without throwing up. Ahh, the things I once took for granted.

We've also made quite a bit of headway in our baby supplies. The new rocker-recliner was delivered a couple of weeks ago, and we bought a dresser at Ikea that will double as a changing table. We've picked out a stroller and carseat, though we don't yet have them in hand. We even have books, a few toys and a couple of larger items (like the all-important bouncy seat) from our trip to Ohio in May.

We still have a ways to go, but we're slowly becoming baby-ready. I'm not stressed.

Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...