Monday, March 22, 2010

A Little Spring in Our Steps

Spring officially started Saturday, but it awoke from hibernation a few days earlier.

As soon as the thermometer hit 60 earlier in the week, there was a noticeable difference on the streets. If there were roses, people may actually have stopped to smell them.

I first noticed the change in myself. I walked more slowly-- I strolled. My gaze, generally focused on the sidewalk, moved up a few feet. And when I got home from work on Tuesday and the sun was still out, I seemed to be viewing my neighborhood with new eyes. I had forgotten how pretty the buildings along 77th Street really are.

On Saturday, with the mercury at 70, Paul and I packed up a blanket and the newspaper and walked to Bay Ridge's Owl's Head Park. We basked in the sun and followed it up with a mile-and-a-half walk around the neighborhood.

Welcome, spring, and many happy returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...