Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bargain Shopping for the Holidays in New York


Sure, New York has the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree.

But you can see some pretty lights without the crowds (and with some better deals) at Century 21.

Century 21 is New York City's answer to Filene's Basement, only better. Well-known brands at such deep discounts means there are as many tourists there as locals. Luckily, I'm close to both the Brooklyn and Manhattan locations-- one is about six blocks from our apartment, the other is less than two blocks from my office.

Whenever anyone says shopping in New York is expensive, all I have to do is point to Century 21. It's not Prada or Tiffany's, but it does have an excellent shoe selection and a coat department I could spend all day in.

And at Christmastime, it's even better-- at least at the Manhattan store. It's decked out in red bulbs and flashing white lights that make me feel festive and looser with the pocketbook. At least that's what they're hoping.

1 comment:

  1. I discovered the Manhattan store on my visit - DKNY jeans for $30, thank you! Could have spent hours there. I always loved the coat section at Daffys.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...