Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Towed Car for the Second Straight August

As I walked to the subway Thursday morning, I noticed that 79th Street was eerily clear of vehicles. The street was being repaved.

My stomach immediately sank. Didn't Paul say he had parked on that part of the street earlier in the week? I punched his number into my cell phone.

Me: "Where did you say you parked?"
Paul: "Uhhhh ... 80-something ..."
Me: "Oh, good. I was worried ..."
Paul: "Oh, wait. I parked on 79th."

Whoops.

Our car also got towed last August during some last-minute, ill-marked street paving. The tow trucks moved it into an illegal spot a few streets away, and our subsequent parking ticket was thrown out.

So it took Paul only about 15 minutes to find the car this time, where a bright yellow sheet on our windshield noted that it had been towed by the Department of Transportation. "Do Not Ticket," it went on.

And on top of that note? A $115 parking ticket.

Not surprising, Paul said, since our Saturn was moved directly in front of a fire hydrant. In any case, I'm hoping this ticket also will be thrown out. Deja vu all over again.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's just crazy. Really glad I don't live in a bigger city! Hope the ticket gets thrown out! Our parking Nazi has been really getting mean with tickets lately...in Lima, Ohio...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...