Friday, July 31, 2009

City Hall Park: An Oasis ... With Rats


When I'm looking for a relaxing place to eat outdoors during my lunch break, I head for the benches in the nearby Trinity Church cemetery.

But I had heard a few of my co-workers mention that they go in the opposite direction to City Hall Park, so I decided to check it out.

I've now made three brief visits, all after work or during the weekend. But I still can't bring myself to go during lunch. Just a few months after we moved to New York, I read an article in the New York Times specifically about the rat infestation at City Hall Park. I don't know if the anti-rat measures the article mentions worked, and I'm not about to test it with a peanut butter sandwich in my right hand.

Even so, the nine acre park is a downtown oasis, with a lovely fountain, views of City Hall and plenty of benches. Now if I could only get those photos of rats out of my head ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...