Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Museum of Natural History

Ever licked a meteorite?

OK, me neither. But I got my picture taken next to the one that Steven Colbert licked.

Paul's friend Bill and his wife Leslie were our guests this past weekend. Leslie gets free tickets to many museums in New York through her work, so we all went to the Museum of Natural History. I'd been wanted to visit for awhile, so I was pretty excited.

The visit was even better because The Colbert Report featured his visit to the museum last week, so a several of the exhibits (such as the meteroite) were familiar.

Surprisingly, I really liked the many halls of stuffed mammals placed in dioramas. It really doesn't seem like my thing-- especially since I don't really care for the outdoors. But as I told Paul, I don't mind nature when it's indoors.

Leslie took pictures, which she'll be emailing me. I'll post some when I get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...