Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Tuesday times two

I'll be the first to admit that I only watch about two-- if that-- NFL games per year. And I watch the Super Bowl just as much for the commercials as for the game.

Nevertheless, it was pretty exciting around here when the Giants won last night. People piled out of the nearby bars, hollering and chanting. Cars were honking for hours after the game ended. By about 10:30, I was almost wishing the Giants would've lost. Still, I'm pretty accustomed to the noise now, and it didn't even keep me up last night.

The ticker-tape parade for the Giants is at 11 a.m. tomorrow and will pass about a block from where I work. One of my co-workers said people will start lining the streets at midnight tonight. Our supervisor gave us all letters today that say where we work in case we have trouble with the authorities and getting through the crowds. Hopefully we won't need them.

Of course, tomorrow is primary day in New York as well. A story from the Associated Press speculated that the parade will hurt Obama's chances here because his supporters tend to share the same demographics as people who would celebrate the win. Probably won't make a difference-- Hillary's up in the polls anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...