Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Ohio vs. NY: Pandemic Edition

I've been thinking a lot about New York lately; I'm not sure why. We lived there for six years, and we've already been back in Columbus for 8 years this coming summer. Crazy!

As the kids have grown up, I've had many reasons to be happy that we returned to Ohio. Having our own washer/dryer is practically reason enough! But also the stairs, the subway waits, the stresses that come with apartment living -- all of those would be infinitely more difficult with children, of course.

Coronavirus has brought so many changes to our lives, and I can only imagine the additional stresses of living through it with kids in New York City. Everyone lives on top of each other as it is, and add on a highly contagious illness ... eek.

Overrun playgrounds? No thanks. Crowded sidewalks? Um, no. No museums, no restaurants, no anything that makes New York fun.

It hasn't been a piece of cake here either. I'm pretty that's true of pretty much everywhere. But at least here we have our own house, space to spread out and our own private laundry room. 

But as much as I'm happy that we don't currently live there, I can't wait for this pandemic to pass so we can visit once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...