Tuesday, January 19, 2021

What's Goin' On

It can be hard to think of something to write about when you're hardly doing anything at all! Here's a few odds and ends in the family:

  • Atticus loves penguins. I mean, he LOVES penguins. More than Star Wars. Maybe more than Wall-E. He has requested only penguin items for his 6th birthday in three months. He talks about penguins so much that I have had to ban him from mentioning them during his school Zoom meetings. HE LOVES PENGUINS SO MUCH.
  • Paul is building a bookcase for the kitchen for his cookbooks, and so we can get rid of an inconveniently placed shelf there that currently holds them. He made a lot of progress yesterday, so hopefully I can post pictures of the finished product soon!
  • I'm reading more than I have in a long, long time. When it's cold and there's nowhere to go, options are limited. I'm currently more than halfway through books #7 and #8 for the month, and I have a 1,000-page book waiting in the wings.
  • Edith got her hair cut! It's still a bit below her shoulders, but it was a big deal when she decided to shorten it by a few inches.
  • Trouble is our current favorite board game, and I play with one or both of the kids almost everyday. Atticus beats me more often than not. (Please tell me Trouble is more a game of luck than skill. Right? Right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...