Tuesday, January 12, 2021

A Perfectly Painted Kitchen

I ended 2020 not by making resolutions for the new year, but by fulfilling a long-held goal: painting the kitchen.

I'd never much liked the pale blue that enveloped the room  but never felt motivated to change it ... until I was. Just after Christmas I decided it was time. I looked at some paints online and Paul picked up some chips. I got some advice from a friend with a great eye. And voila, I had a gallon of paint in no time flat. I got to work immediately, before the feeling wore off.

I painted about 5 hours one day and 6 hours the next. Paul put in several hours as well. And I love it!

We're not quite done. We're redoing the section of the kitchen that was added on years ago, replacing the kids' craft table with a custom-built (by Paul) desk and an area for coats and book bags. But the hard part is done. Here are a couple of before and after photos:

Before

After

Before

After

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...