Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Kind of the First Day of School, Again

THE KIDS WENT TO SCHOOL YESTERDAY! For the first time ever, both kids are in school for a FULL DAY. And for the first time in 11 months, they had a day of classes in a school building at all.

Of course, it's only two days per week at the moment, but I'll take what I can get in this pandemic season.

Masks were the fashion accessory of the day ... required, that is. And a big snowstorm this weekend meant that outdoor recess was a no-no, but it wasn't a snow day as we had feared.

The kids will be doing asynchronous school work the other three days -- that is, homework without the supervision of a teacher (aside from the unified arts classes of art, gym, music and library, which will be live on Zoom).

So the jury is still out about how the kids will adjust to this new normal. But I'm adjusting fine. I scheduled an interview for yesterday morning for a story I'm writing, and then wrote the story immediately after. I'm not sure I've done that in YEARS. And more articles are already in the pipeline. I could get used to this.

He said he could see ...!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...