Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Atticus Loses His First Tooth


It was cold yesterday, and Atticus's coat was zipped all the way up when I picked up the kids from school.

"I have a surprise for you when I get home," he told me.

"I can't wait to see it," I said, wondering what kind of picture he had hidden away in his book bag.

But then he told me the surprise was hidden under his coat. OK, that's different, but all kids have their whims.

When we got home, Atticus promptly asked if I was ready for the surprise and unzipped his coat. And was I ever surprised -- it was a tiny tooth necklace, with his first lost tooth inside!

The tooth had been loose for a month or so, and very, very loose recently. So the tooth itself wasn't a complete surprise. Him keeping it a secret that long was, though!

He said he noticed it was gone shortly after lunch and found the lost tooth on the floor next to his desk. Good thing his class ate lunch in the classroom instead of the cafeteria today, followed by indoor recess, or that tooth could have been anywhere! Day #2 in the classroom, and his first tooth is already gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...