Monday, January 12, 2015

Winter Blahs

The winter blahs have officially set in, with snow on the ground and temperatures below 0 this past week. The thermometer hovered around freezing yesterday -- an absolute heat wave.

Of course, the Christmas tree is down and the lights are mostly gone in the neighborhood. It's a seasonal letdown that I should be used to after 33 years, yet I never am.

And as icing to the worst cake ever, yesterday I had to take a three-hour test to determine if I have gestational diabetes. Three hours in a lab with four blood draws. What fun on a Sunday morning.

But there have been some good times and good news this month. We're finally in contract to sell our house on the west side of Columbus, the one that Paul and I bought the month before we married in 2003. We had a successful brunch party with my playgroup pals, their husbands and children on Saturday. And Ohio State's football team is playing in the national championship game tonight!

On a separate note, starting next week my blog will be published two days a week, on Tuesday and Friday. There will be no Wednesday post this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...