Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Big Sisters

Saturday marked a special day in my opinion, but no one else's. That's the day Edith turned two years, two months and three days old -- the exact same age I was when my younger sister was born.

It's hard to believe that in a few short weeks, Edith will be in the same position I was back then. Chances are, the long-term effect of having a sibling while only a young toddler herself will be largely the same: She won't remember ever being an only child.

I've never asked my parents how I handled the change. I should. I never heard any stories of me trying to shove a pillow in Katie's face when she came home from the hospital, so I must have done OK. I think Edith will, too. Right now she's fascinated by babies in infant car seats, and I have to make sure she isn't all over their hands and faces. But I think it's a good sign that she thinks babies are pretty adorable.

Of course, seeing a baby for a few minutes at story time or open gym is a whole different ball game than having an infant brother at home full-time. But all things considered, I'm more worried about how I will adapt to the changes than how she will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...