Monday, January 5, 2015

2/3 to Baby

I'm about 2/3 of the way to baby, and I had forgotten how literally painful this final stretch can be. Two weeks of back problems left me literally limping up the stairs. Luckily, that mostly disappeared a few days ago, but I still yearn for the days when I can sleep on my back. Or sleep soundly at all. No sleep now is practice for baby later, they say. Blah, blah, blah. I'll take the sleep now.

But I do remember what it was like around this time with Edith -- the subway rides, the much slowed down walking, when walking was one of my major forms of transportation. And I still smile to think about how Paul had to do ALL of the laundry for weeks (really months) on end because I simply couldn't carry all of the baskets and bags to the Laundromat downstairs. I'm sure he doesn't miss those days.

So is this pregnancy better or worse? Eh, it's different. It's easier because I have more flexibility, by having a car, living in a comparatively large house instead of a small apartment and by being a stay-at-home mom. But it's also harder because I'm constantly chasing a toddler. So I think it's a wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...