Monday, August 18, 2014

A Quick Walk Through Dumbo


You can't really call the Dumbo neighborhood of Brooklyn up-and-coming anymore. I'm not even sure it's the next new thing. Maybe it was the last new thing.

Even though it's been on everyone's radar for quite a few years, I was rarely there. It's not well-served by the subway system, so it's rather inconvenient to get to. When we lived in New York, I was in Dumbo for a wedding reception and ... well, I think that's it.

But when we were in New York in June, we happened to walk through the neighborhood in order to get to Jane's Carousel. The quaint streets and interesting views under the Manhattan Bridge made me wish I would have explored Dumbo more thoroughly. Next time.


View of the carousel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...