Monday, March 31, 2014

Edith's First Steps

It finally happened: Paul witnessed one of Edith's firsts ... first.

Who cares that she spends 90 percent of her time with me? Certainly not Edith! That's obviously why she decided to take about 10 consecutive steps in front of Daddy during their weekly trip to the library together to give Mommy a break. And to rub salt in the wound, she hasn't yet done it again.

I'm truly not angry; Paul and I have been equally anxious for Edith to conquer this next (literal) step. But sheesh -- give a Mom a break! I don't need a ribbon or trophy for caring for Edith, but would a few stumbles toward the woman who gave you life really hurt?!

Ah, well. I guess she has a mind of her own. And we all know where that came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...