Wednesday, June 12, 2013

An Eventful Two Weeks

The last two weeks have been extremely busy, for better or (mostly) worse).

Two weeks ago today, Edith and I flew home in advance of my mom's surgery. Mom had a kidney removed, but it didn't go as planned. Long story short, there were complications in what was supposed to be a simple procedure requiring two nights in the hospital. Instead, Mom was in the ICU for several days and spent five nights in the hospital. Happily, she's now doing very well.

On that same day I went home, Paul found out that he got a position in Ohio. Same company, same job, only in Columbus. We'll be moving there next month.

After a week of visiting with my family, Paul drove from New York to Defiance to join Edith and me. We spent a couple of days together in northwest Ohio and then drove to Columbus to look at houses. We'll likely be moving into an apartment when we first return.

Between the surgery and the impending move, it's been a sad and stressful two weeks. I'll be doing my best to keep up this blog three times a week, but don't be surprised if you see a few skipped days, as you did on Monday. On the other hand, I have a lot to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...