Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Best Pancakes in New York City


My favorite restaurant in all of New York is the Clinton Street Baking Co. & Restaurant, and I've only ever had just one dish: the blueberry pancakes.

Now, I can make pancakes. I've even watched a TV show on the best way to stir the batter and flip the flapjacks. I've taken mental notes. I've perfected my technique.

But they're nothing like Clinton Street's. Their pancakes are really more like cakes. Hot blueberry cakes. Not only is the top of the stack covered in a generous portion of wild Maine blueberries, each pancake is packed with fruit.

And that syrup on the side? It's not Aunt Jemima. That's warm maple butter. My mouth is watering just typing this.

Clinton Street is known for its superb brunches ... and also its long lines. But the pancakes are also on the dinner menu, and we've never had to wait for a table.

With the dim lighting and candles, it was also the perfect setting to mark our sixth anniversary a few weeks ago. A restaurant that both Paul and I can agree on? Now that's really something to celebrate.

I probably look happy because I ate one of Clinton Street's delicious cream scones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...