Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Laundromat Lamentations

After nearly a year and a half in New York, I miss my own personal washer and dryer the most. In Ohio it was so convenient to just walk downstairs and throw in a load whenever the mood struck.

At the same time, I don't miss it nearly as much as I thought I would. Our laundromat is practically underneath our apartment (just one door over), and it is extremely convenient to do all of the washing and all of the drying simultaneously.

Around here, Friday evening is the best time to throw in a few loads. No waiting for carts, no waiting for washers and no waiting for dryers. And since I can do it all at the same time, everything's folded and put away early enough that we can still do something at night if we're so inclined.

Except last Friday. Last Friday I opened up a dryer filled with bedding, jeans and towels and found bright red splotches over everything, like these on our pillowcases:



Paul found one of the employees who quickly discovered the culprit: a melted crayon. Obviously Paul and I didn't throw it in there, but it's not uncommon to have to maneuver around 3 or 4 kids during every visit.

The laundromat re-washed and re-dryed our clothes, and all of the stains mostly came out, except for those on the pillowcases and a bit on the towels. At least it didn't happen to the load of Paul's nice white dress shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...