Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Church, Bay Ridge-style

In honor of Easter this week, I'll talk about church.

St. Anselm's in Bay Ridge is the first I've ever attended that has a subway running underneath it. The first time we were there, I wondered what the rumble was every 10 minutes or so. I think I figured it out by the end of mass.

The train isn't loud, but it's definitely noticeable. It causes a slight vibration throughout the church too. I haven't quite gotten used to it, but it doesn't really bother me.

Also, the church has a statue of a saint that looks exactly like Sean Connery, circa "Indiana Jones." If you don't believe me, you really will have to pay me a visit. I'm not taking a picture, so don't even ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...