Monday, March 31, 2008

St. Patrick's Day, Take Two

St. Patrick's Day was two weeks ago, but you wouldn't have known it if you were in Bay Ridge yesterday.

Our neighborhood held its St. Paddy's Day parade yesterday afternoon for some reason, and the route was right by our apartment. I watched from one of our bedroom windows.

It started with one of the local politicians handing out green bagels (alas, I could not sample one since I was inside) and it ended with all of the nearby bars being packed and LOUD for the rest of the night, at least past midnight when I went to sleep.

The parade itself reminded me a bit of Defiance's Halloween Parade, except this one had fewer floats and more bagpipes. I had no idea New York City had so many bagpipe bands. I'd never before seen so many kilts.

2 comments:

  1. Cool, so that's the view from your window? Funny that they held the parade a few weeks late!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, that's the view from my window. I think the parade was a couple of weeks late because of Holy Week, followed by Easter. Not positive, though.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...