Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Mask-Optional at School

In another step toward normalcy, the kids' school is mask-optional starting today. I'm not ready to burn the masks quite yet, but it is a welcome development.

Based on online discussions, I suspect about half of the students will remain masked at the beginning. I'm willing to bet the number will quickly shrink. I've talked with both of our kids about when it might be a good idea to wear a mask -- working in close quarters with others, at times when a friend might feel uncomfortable otherwise, etc. There will be a couple in their book bags at all times just in case.

Atticus has already declared that he will wear a mask outside when it's cold. He likes how masks keep his face warm! But other than that, the kids are very much looking forward to not having anything on their face. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's expressions again!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...