Tuesday, January 25, 2022

January Blues

Have I mentioned that I hate January? It's my least favorite month of the year; February is a close second and only gets the edge because it has fewer days. I hate the snow, I hate the cold, I hate the gray skies. As I type this in my living room, I'm wearing a scarf, am wrapped in a blanket and have a space heater pointed at me.

Maybe if I cranked up the thermostat to 80 then I'd be comfortable, but not at the current 69 degrees. Then again, when the temperature outside is in the teens or 20s -- or in the single digits as it's supposed to be later this week -- I think it's a lost cause. And there was more snow on Sunday and then again on Monday. I'm fondly remembering that winter a few years back when we never had to get out the snow shovel.

Other than the weather, things are proceeding normally. The kids' school has remained open as scheduled since the one cancelled day earlier in the month. I have some almost monthly freelancing work lined up for the rest of the year, so that's exciting! Oh, and Edith and I are taking self-paced piano lessons through an app on our tablets -- more about that in a future post. But mostly I'm looking forward to the day when I can sit on the front porch, watch the leaves wave in the breeze and enjoy some warmth and sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...