Tuesday, December 8, 2020

How to Be in Quarantine

Today is the first day in weeks that all of us are free to go about — no more Covid quarantine!

It’s been rough but could have been worse. Hopefully you won’t ever have to isolate or quarantine, but here are my tips on what you can do to prepare both now and if it happens:

* Don’t run low on the essentials. It was a relief not to worry about our stock of toilet paper and paper towels.

* Do something special (every day, if you can). We had a lot of movie nights with the kids and played more board games than usual.

* Find other ways to socialize. The kids were excited to talk to their friends via Zoom and FaceTime!

* Get some treats. We splurged on one grocery delivery and made sure to order a few things to look forward to (hello, cranberry white cheddar cheese).

* Ask for help. I’m not good at this one, but quarantining made it inevitable. That grocery delivery? I forgot to order milk, but some neighbors dropped off a couple of gallons. One neighbor even picked up the library books we had on reserve.

* Give yourself grace. I didn’t realize how stressed I had been until I realized I forgot to order milk and burst into tears. It’s hard to feel helpless, but it least I knew we weren’t friendless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...